Columbia Road Flower Market

 I went to Colombia Road today, I've never been before and it's probably because I've listened to what people have said about it. That the queen could probably just about afford to live there, the shops cost two grand a week or something stupid and a coffee can be four quid. Stingy me steered clear. 
But once there I was pleasantly surprised. It's nicely full of shouty Cockneys and reasonable plants. 

My favourite was this man, selling flowers in the most manly way imagineable. Phwoar.
You can't move for Pearly Kings and Queens round these ends, they're everywhere. I'll never tire of seeing them mind.
I even bought something, a string of peas plant (senecio rowleyanus). It's got all these little pods that are really tempting to pop but highly poisonous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello