Sam Smith

Recently I bought this little unicorn. I'm not sure why; the fact that she has human eyes and a big grinny mouth is a little bit (very) creepy, but as a whole package I found her very beguiling. And when I got her home a little investigation showed her to be made by Sam Smith, who is a fine person to discover indeed.
Photobucket
There's a very good website of his work here which is where I purloined the following pictures from:
Photobucket

Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


 I like his work a lot, it seems simple but isn't. Looking at my unicorn closely there's a real sense of ease in the making of her limbs and the way they sit together. Still, I'm struggling to think of a name for her. . .

2 comments:

  1. they are so special! i like them a lot... maybe she could be named Arana von toot .... just came to my mind suddenly !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like it a lot. I'll try calling it out as I get in the door later and see if she comes scampering over.

    ReplyDelete

Hello