Here it is.

Feels like a while since I posted some toot photos, so here's a small haul for you:
Needlepoint boats.
Photobucket
A flirtatious fox mask, I think it's the eyelashes that do it.
Photobucket
This black pot is basalt ware - it looks like metal but is in fact pottery. Basalt ware is made in a mould and doesn't have a glaze, which makes it perfect in my eyes - nothing clunky or gloopy about it - just nice imposing black shapes. Black basalt fell was produced for many centuries until it fell out of favour at the beginning of the twentieth so I'm struggling to put a date on this one. It's spent one precarious week on the stall and now I'm moving it to the permanent collection - I know I must like it because every time someone picked it up to look at it on the stall my stomach jumped.
Photobucket
What's this then?
Photobucket
Oh, it's a pocket coat hanger, handy should an emergency arise and you need to hang up your coat at short notice.
Photobucket
A hokey wire hanging basket - would make a nice drawing or basket in the kitchen or lampshade.
Photobucket
Party decorations for grownups.
Photobucket
An egg, the kind you put in a hen's bed to make it lay. Not sure why that works but apparently it does - silly hens.
Photobucket
Dirty filing drawers for all your dirty filing needs.
Photobucket
And a wartime games board, with two markers that slot into an ingenious holding device on the end.
Photobucket
Very pleasing.
Photobucket
There you go. I hope you like the bits - I'm at Spitalfields on Thursday and North London Vintage Market on Saturday, hope to see you there.

5 comments:

  1. oh! you always find the most courius, beautiful in their weirdness things.
    i enjoy your posts,
    greetings from the north
    sitting in my kitchen at 14:00 hours and its getting dark already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coat hanger, that sort of ingenuity is always so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there,
    Dark at 14.00 sounds so grim - makes our darkness at 16.00 seem a blessing, hope you manage to stay happy. And yes the folding coat hanger is a joy, seems my love of folding things extends to even the smallest objects.
    Nice to hear from you folks, nice to have some compliments after a trauma . . . I dropped my computer today and broke it, what a frickin numpty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello
    Is the coat hanger for sale? I am very interested in it if it is. Please email me

    tikiranch@yahoo.com

    thanks
    Randy

    ReplyDelete

Hello