Toot for the New Year.

Hello you lovely beasts. It is a Sunday night and this weekend was the first I spent selling the ol' Toot at The Tea Rooms in Brick Lane. It was nice! I like Brick Lane: it's very different from Spitalfields even though it's so near. Brick Lane's more anarchic and naff (in a good way), lots more stonewash denim and bovver-boots. I'm not sure Toot fits in fully - bit quiet and shoe-gazy but damn it I'm going to stick in there and if I gaze at my shoes hard enough folk are bound to notice me. Here's some of this week's wares:
Photobucket
These shells nest in together real neat, that's a nice thing no?
Photobucket
Talking of shells . . . here are some more shells.
Photobucket
And some jingly-janglys
Photobucket
And there seem to be a lot of casting moulds around car boots these days: I bought a whole box of little ones which I was pleased with. But which is my favourite? . . . 
Photobucket
This is my favourite!
Photobucket
And these ones got put in the 'potential tea-light holders' pile.
Photobucket
A nice poodle badge. When I bought this the person on the stall said 'I knew you were going to buy that' which I think is a little unfair  - making me feel all predictable - if you're going to make these predictions you should probably make them before the event has happened.
Photobucket
A nice nurses cape.
Photobucket
With the best label.
Photobucket
Super slippers. What do you think of them then? . . . . . . . yeah, I knew you were going to say that.
Photobucket
And some moody bowls in shades of dishevelment.
I hope 2013 is going well for you folks - I'm finally settling in to normality again after all the festive period and I like it.

8 comments:

  1. The nurses cape is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also bothered with the thought of being predictable.

    The moody bowls are lovely. Remind me of possibly the best mugs in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the things I could do if I had a cape like that. That cape has the Power. With a capital P.
    You can just tell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're fitting in rather nicely already ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cape is very good! And yes, possibly super-power inducing. I wish I could contrive that font on the label but I know I'd just make it look naff.
    Yeah I like the moody bowls and they are a bit like my mugs: they're much heavier than they look.
    Thank you Joyce! I appreciate that - looking forward to taking some proper pictures of our hidey-hole.

    ps . . . I knew you all were going to say that. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a good 2013!
    i would buy the poodle badge too, hihi : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! - let's be predictable together.

    ReplyDelete

Hello