People at the Museum of Archeology and Anthropology

I paid a visit to Cambridge recently - solo. I went without the child, And I don't mind telling you that it was a bit of an anti-climax. I felt quite flat, almost as if I need the constant threat of a giant, get-everywhere type turd to keep my brain all sparky-like. Anyway, after quite a lot of wandering around feeling aimless I finally set to the Museum of Archeology and Anthropology to do a little drawing and some cutting out: which is a very fiddly thing to do in mid air whilst trying not to alarm museum assistants by getting too close to anything with scissors. I found myself drawn to all the little people and things with faces, I like them all grouped together - a real motley crew. They mostly have pretty nondescript 'I'm a museum exhibit' type expressions which I also like: as if they might be just putting it on and as soon as you turn your back they'll jig around and have a laugh.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello